- Section Audio Editor
- Update: Latest version
- Operating System: Windows 10
- License: Freeware
- CPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit PC
- Auto Verified: 2020-07-03
Audacity - Free Download for Windows 10 [64 bit / 32 bit]
Download Audacity latest version 2020 free for windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7 | Setup installer [64 bit, 32 bit]. Free, open source and cross-platform audio recording and editing software. Safe download with no ads and virus free, developed by AudacityTeam (1358).
*: Portable and Offline setup files are provided when available.
Audacity is a free, open source and cross-platform audio recording and editing software from AudacityTeam. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media. With some sound cards, Audacity can also capture streaming audio.
Audacity Key Features & Advantages
Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once. Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete.
- Device Toolbar manages multiple recording and playback devices.
- Level meters can monitor volume levels before, during and after recording. Clipping can be displayed in the waveform or in a label track.
- Record from microphone, line input, USB/Firewire devices and others.
- Record computer playback on Windows Vista and later by choosing “Windows WASAPI” host in Device Toolbar then a “loopback” input.
- Record at very low latencies on supported devices on Linux by using Audacity with JACK.
- Record at 24-bit depth on Windows (using Windows WASAPI or Windows DirectSound host), Mac OS X or Linux (using ALSA or JACK host).
Editing & Effects
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete.
- Find the spot to edit easily with scrubbing and seeking or Timeline Quick-Play.
- Draw Tool to alter individual sample points.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
Real-time preview of LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (macOS) effects.
Plug-in Manager handles plug-in installation and addition/removal of effects and generators from the menus.
Generate tones, silence, noise, instruments or rhythm track.
Change the pitch without altering the tempo.
Change the tempo without altering the pitch.
Noise Reduction to remove static, hiss, hum or other constant background noises.
Alter frequencies with Equalization, Bass and Treble, High Pass, Low Pass and Notch Filter effects.
Filter a frequency selection created in Spectrogram view or Spectral Selection Toolbar using spectral edit effects.
Adjust volume with Compressor, Amplify, Normalize, Fade In/Out, Studio Fade Out, Crossfade Clips, Crossfade Tracks and Adjustable Fade effects.
Reduce or Isolate Vocals given suitable stereo tracks (vocal reduction produces a stereo result).
Create voice-overs for podcasts or DJ sets using Auto Duck effect.
- Paulstretch (extreme stretch)
- Truncate Silence
- Run “Chains” of effects on a project or multiple files in Batch Processing mode.
Import and Export
- Import and Export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Fast “On-Demand” import of WAV or AIFF files (letting you start work with the files almost immediately) if read directly from source.
- Create WAV or AIFF files suitable for burning to audio CD.
- Export MP3 files with the optional LAME encoder library.
- Import and export all formats supported by libsndfile such as GSM 6.10, 32-bit and 64-bit float WAV, RF64, and U/A-Law.
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files) using libmad.
- Import raw (headerless) audio files using the “Import Raw” command.
- Import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with the optional FFmpeg library (this also supports import of audio from video files).
How to Edit in Audacity?
To edit audio in Audacity using the selection tool, time selection tool, envelope tool, zoom and more. This is a deep dive into the editing capabilities of this free audio editing software.
Audacity is developed and published by AudacityTeam, Windows10Top.com is not directly affiliated with AudacityTeam.
Windows10Top is against piracy and does not provide any cracks, keygens, serials or patches for any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from being listed on our website through our contact page.