MS Windows compatible GUI wrapper for M.A.M.E.
ExtraMAME is a small MS Windows compatible GUI wrapper for M.A.M.E., the Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator authored by Nicola Salmoria and the MAME team. M.A.M.E. let’s you play thousands of old-school arcade games on your computer. It is smaller and easier to use. It doesn’t force you to fuss with difficult configurations and it’s compatible with all M.A.M.E games.
1. Download the latest version of “ExtraMAME” from our site http://www.wintools.net/extramame/
2. Download the latest version of the Windows command line binaries of M.A.M.E. from http://www.mamedev.org/release.html
3. Install “Extra MAME” into a folder of your choice. For example: “c:\extramame\”
4. Install “Windows command line binaries of MAME” into this folder as well: “c:\extramame\”.
5. Run “ExtraMAME”. It displays two lists, “supported” and “available”. The supported list displays the names of games that are compatible with M.A.M.E. The available list displays the names of games that are actually present on your system. After a fresh install, the available list should be empty. You’ll also need to download special M.A.M.E. game files. These files are named “bios” files and “rom” files.