"Download" PuTTYgen App (2020) for Windows 10 PC/Laptop [FREE]
PuTTYgen for PC, Laptop Windows 10. Key generator which generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant. Free download PuTTYgen latest version 2020 for windows 10 [64 bit, 32 bit].
by Simon Tatham
- Section SSH Remote Connect
- Update: Latest version
- Operating System: Windows 10
- License: Freeware
- CPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit PC
- Auto Verified: 2020-07-27
PuTTYgen - Free Download for Windows 10 [64 bit / 32 bit]
Download PuTTYgen latest version 2020 free for windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7 | Setup installer [64 bit, 32 bit]. Key generator which generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant. Safe download with no ads and virus free, developed by Simon Tatham (22562).
*: Portable and Offline setup files are provided when available.
PuTTYgen is a key generator. It generates pairs of public and private keys to be used with PuTTY, PSCP, and Plink, as well as the PuTTY authentication agent, Pageant. PuTTYgen for Windows 10 generates RSA, DSA, ECDSA, and Ed25519 keys. When you run PuTTYgen you will see a window where you have two choices: ‘Generate’, to generate a new public/private key pair, or ‘Load’ to load in an existing private key.
- First, you need to select which type of key you want to generate, and also select the strength of the key.
- Then press the ‘Generate’ button, to actually generate the key.
- Once you have generated the key, select a comment field and a passphrase.
- Now you’re ready to save the private key to disk; press the ‘Save private key’ button.
Before generating a key pair using PuTTYgen, you need to select which type of key you need. PuTTYgen currently supports these types of key:
- An RSA key for use with the SSH-1 protocol.
- An RSA key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- A DSA key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- An ECDSA (elliptic curve DSA) key for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
- An Ed25519 key (another elliptic curve algorithm) for use with the SSH-2 protocol.
Connect to your SSH server using PuTTY with the SSH protocol. When the connection succeeds you will be prompted for your user name and password to login. Once logged in, you must configure the server to accept your public key for authentication:
PuTTYgen is developed and published by Simon Tatham, Windows10Top.com is not directly affiliated with Simon Tatham.
Windows10Top is against piracy and does not provide any cracks, keygens, serials or patches for any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from being listed on our website through our contact page.