by The UPX Team
- Section IDE & Studios
- Update: Latest version
- Operating System: Windows 10
- License: Freeware
- CPU Support: 64 bit and 32 Bit PC
- Auto Verified: 2020-07-02
UPX - Free Download for Windows 10 [64 bit / 32 bit]
Download UPX latest version 2020 free for windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7 | Setup installer [64 bit, 32 bit]. Free, portable, extendable, high-performance executable packer for several executable formats. Safe download with no ads and virus free, developed by The UPX Team (9707).
*: Portable and Offline setup files are provided when available.
UPX is a free, portable, extendable, high-performance executable packer for several executable formats, supporting a number of file formats from different operating systems. It uses a data compression algorithm called UCL, which is an open source implementation of portions of the proprietary NRV (Not Really Vanished algorithm. Supports two mechanisms for decompression: an in-place technique and extraction to temporary file.
UPX achieves an excellent compression ratio and offers very fast decompression. Your executables suffer no memory overhead or other drawbacks for most of the formats supported, because of in-place decompression. UPX strengths in a nutshell:
- Excellent compression ratio: typically compresses better than WinZip/zip/gzip, use UPX to decrease the size of your distribution!
- Very fast decompression: ~10 MB/sec on an ancient Pentium 133, ~200 MB/sec on an Athlon XP 2000+.
no memory overhead for your compressed executables because of in-place decompression.
- Safe: you can list, test and unpack your executables. Also, a checksum of both the compressed and uncompressed file is maintained internally.
- Universal: UPX can pack a number of executable formats.
- Portable: UPX is written in portable endian-neutral C++.
- Extendable: because of the class layout it’s very easy to add new executable formats or new compression algorithms.
- Free: UPX is distributed with full source code under the GNU General Public License v2+, with special exceptions granting the free usage for commercial programs as stated in the UPX License Agreement.
UPX is developed and published by The UPX Team, Windows10Top.com is not directly affiliated with The UPX Team.
Windows10Top is against piracy and does not provide any cracks, keygens, serials or patches for any software listed here.
We are DMCA-compliant and you can request removal of your software from being listed on our website through our contact page.